Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eggsandham
Reel Rookie

Adjust Picture Size on Premier

I can't find a adjust picture size anywhere within the Roku Premier. There is only an auto refresh rate setting under advanced settings, and only change display type under display settings. I've tried factory resetting multiple times, with new accounts and a different wifi connection. When I fist set the player up there was an option, but when factory resetting there must be a different, less in-depth setup. Any way to change picture size on the Roku Premier?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Adjust Picture Size on Premier

@eggsandham

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? When you first setup the Roku device after performing a factory reset, did you select the proper display settings?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
eggsandham
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R Sure! To be specific, I noticed when streaming movies with the criterion channel that the full picture is slightly cut off on the TV. There isn't a display setting on the criterion app to change the picture size, so I've been wanting to see if there's a picture size adjustment for the Roku's settings. I've put the Roku display settings on auto - which is 1080p - and experimented with manually selecting the 1080p option. I recalled when first setting up the Roku Premier how it had me confirm that the Roku was displaying the full picture on the TV, with the little adjustable right angles in each corner of the screen. I was wondering if there is some way to adjust that setting again to have a full display. I didn't get that option in the factory resets I've done.

Thanks a bunch for the reply!

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

There are no picture size adjustments on a Roku.  Try your TV's adjustments.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

The picture is so large that I cannot see the selections on the left side of screen. how do I adjust size?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Copperpuppy, have you tried the options under Settings->Display?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos