Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J0ANNE0411
Reel Rookie

Adding apps to roku stick

How do I add apps to a Roku streaming stick? I want to add CINEMAHD. But I can not see how to do this. I can to my Firestick so how do I do this on the Roku?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Adding apps to roku stick

Each channel provider creates and maintains the specific version of their app that runs on the Roku system. The only channels that Roku maintains are their own The Roku Channel, the Roku Media Player, and several Roku information channels. For everything else, Roku just provides the platform on which they run.

Because each platform (Roku, firestick, etc.) has to have its own custom channel-provided version of the channel app, it's not unusual for one platform to have individual channels available when another platform does not.

Per the https://cinemahdplus.com/ website, they have available versions of their app that are compatible with the following platforms:

• Android
  • Firestick
  • PC
  • IOS

There is no mention of Roku.  If you want a Roku version, you'll need to contact Cinema HD and convince them to create one and provide it to Roku.

Note that Roku does not allow channel apps that carry copyrighted material for which the channel has not obtained distribution rights from the copyright owners (i.e. pirated material).  It is not clear to me whether Cinema HD is such a channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

Re: Adding apps to roku stick

I see a lot of websites that offer cinema hd, is yours trustworthy?

I think https://cinemahdv2.net/ - trustworthy

0 Kudos