Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Adding an old device to my new account

I had one roku device for a year, now have added two more and created an account that I can see the two new devices. How do I go and add the old one. When I select "Link a Device" it says enter the code from the TV - but the old TV is not displaying a code. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Adding an old device to my new account

Have you done a factory reset to remove all old account info from the old Roku unit?

Home > Settings > System >  Advanced system settings > Factory reset

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Adding an old device to my new account

@ecodjz 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @makaiguy mentioned, you will need to try to perform a factory reset on your old device to get a link code that will enable you to add it to your newer Roku account. Please be aware that performing a factory reset on your old device will remove all the channels and settings, and once linked to your newer Roku account, it will have the channels that your other devices have, as long as the channels support that device.

For more information about factory resetting a device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

For information regarding adding multiple Roku devices to Roku account, visit our Support page here: Do I need a separate Roku account for each of my Roku streaming devices?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos