Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a WebCam to Roku TV

Any suggestions on how to add a webcam to a Roku TV? I have a food science teacher that would like to connect a webcam to her ceiling mounted Roku TV and attach a webcam so students can view her stovetop and countertops while working. I cannot seem to be able to find a way to successfully connect the USB webcam to the TV. Is there a live stream app I can install or other apps that would work? Other suggestions? 

4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Adding a WebCam to Roku TV

Found this in the Roku Channel Store:
https://channelstore.roku.com/details/6a47a31cc66e407f60cf9b4e77cbd01a/camera

Don't know anything about it, whether it works, whether it's been updated for current Roku operating system, etc.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

You might also try IP Camera Viewer.  It didn't work for my camera, but it does seem to have a lot of options. Also, you might be able to access the camera on a laptop and connect the laptop to the monitor via an HDMI cable.

0 Kudos
R0ckrooku

Why? All webcam related content is banned on Roku.

0 Kudos
gds707ca
Channel Surfer

F0ckrooku -- How and why is this post necessary or helpful?  Roku still has two apps that allow webcam connections; one which captures images, the other which captures live streams from compatible cameras.  

0 Kudos