Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Roku Sound bar to a Roku TV

I'm considering adding a Roku Smart Sound bar or Roku Stream bar to an older Insignia TV with a built in Roku player. The internal player is no longer being updated so there are certain channels (Apple TV+, etc) that cannot be added that I'm currently streaming through an Xbox One. The TV has an HDMI ARC port but my main question is will this cause any problems such as with the remote trying to control both players? Any advice would be appreciated

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Triumph326
Binge Watcher

Re: Adding a Roku Sound bar to a Roku TV

So you have an Insignia Roku TV correct? How old is it? What version of Roku firmware is it running? You could pick up a Roku Express 4K or a Stick 4K for much less then a stream bar. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Adding a Roku Sound bar to a Roku TV

The Roku Soundbar's remote will not interfere with Roku tv since they use different IR commands. and currently Roku soundbars come with wifi voice remote which can only be paired to one roku at a time. The roku Soundbar would be great upgrade for your old Roku tv, you can set the tv to tune to soundbar when turned on:

settings> system> power> power on> check hdmi arc

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.