Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clsgman
Reel Rookie

Activating and Linking an Account

I bought my TCL Roku TV in November. I received the activation email which has long expired.

How do I get Roku to Resend the email. I've clicked * on every channel and cannot find a Resend button.

I am hoping I do not have to do a factory reset.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Basil
Roku Guru

Re: Activating and Linking an Account

@clsgman 

When you go to Settings > System > About and see the email address at the top, is it yours?

Basil
Longtime Roku user
Strega
Roku Guru

Why do you want to resend an activation email?  This is something that is usually done just once per Roku.

Some people get confused and want to use a Roku activation code to activate/link some channel, like Prime video, but those codes have nothing to do with each other.

clsgman
Reel Rookie

Yes it is

0 Kudos
clsgman
Reel Rookie

I wanted to link the account because I understood that linking was required so I can control the TV with Alexa. And in order to link the Skill in Alexa App, I need to sign into Roku account--I don't remember the password. And to make it worse, the TV--Settings>About shows one of my email addresses and I think I inadvertently created another account with a different address.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@clsgman, see if this helps:

How to use Amazon Alexa to control your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Strega
Roku Guru

You should be able to use the forgot password feature using any email addresses that you think you used to get into whatever number of accounts you've created.  For the long term, you might want to check into password manager apps such as lastpass, keepass etc.  If you have multiple Roku accounts, you probably want to reduce to one for simplicity unless you have a specific need for multiple accounts.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@clsgman wrote:

I wanted to link the account because I understood that linking was required so I can control the TV with Alexa. And in order to link the Skill in Alexa App, I need to sign into Roku account--I don't remember the password. And to make it worse, the TV--Settings>About shows one of my email addresses and I think I inadvertently created another account with a different address.

Any help would be appreciated.

Use the email listed for this TV.  Login to that Roku account and use forgot password.  Set up a new password and you should be fine.