Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lee6

Account exhausted message. They want fees

Message received that Account Exhausted with a phone number

the guest mode is locked and you can not disable it

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Account exhausted message. They want fees

Did you originally set up your roku yourself?  Or did you call someone?

When you go to settings->system->about, does it show your email address that is the same as your Roku account?  Can you log into that account?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Pretty vague question.   Google the phone number and see what it returns.  Maybe it is your internet provider, maybe it is your electronic payment provider(paypal or the like), maybe it is the owner of the guest network, maybe it is a scam.  If it doesn't provide you back with any recognizeable feedback, I certainly wouldn't just pay the fees. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
renojim

This is absolutely a scam.  Don't pay anyone anything.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
AvsGunnar

No update from user yet.  Wasn't sure if the message said that the guest network was locked, or if the actual guest network connection was indeed locked/denied access and someone asking for payment to unlock it.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
atc98092

Has all the indications of a scam. I certainly wouldn't send them any money, and in fact would not even call the phone number. If the Roku can't be taken out of guest mode, someone with access to the Roku user account has likely changed the password. I would alert @RokuDanny-R and create a new user account and reset the Roku to the new account. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

@atc98092 wrote:

I would alert @RokuDanny-R and create a new user account and reset the Roku to the new account. 

That's FACTORY RESET, accessed via Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.  The unit will restart and have to be set up from scratch, as though it were a new unit just taken out of the box.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

Dont pay anything!   ignor them!  Reset your roku to factory settings.  Turn device over push bottom for 30 seconds.

0 Kudos

When I got my r Roku tv i set it up myself so I never paid for it today I looked at syfy tv and seen a mover after the show it ask if I go to syfy.com I could get three credit and if the codes did work to call I did the man said he will fix it for me then he said I had to pay 49.00 for one years so I said no and hung up the phone. My TV went blank and that is in a mold that I can’t get out of here and say that my account is exhausted. How do I get out of that? They also change my email 

0 Kudos
atc98092

@19582darlenelee If you can't get into your Roku user account (such as your password isn't working), your account has been hacked and you need to create a new user account. Once you've done that do a factory reset on your Roku TV and link it to your new account. Everything will work as before. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos