Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmusich
Roku Guru

A definite need for a timer feature with ultra

Jump to solution

I am amazed that there is not a timer shut down feature in the Roku ultra. Both my my Roku boxes could benefit from a shutdown feature. The channel being viewed would would have to return to the full channel choice home view is all that would need to happen. Then the Roku box would not full shut down but be redirected to home. Ideally the Roku could also turn off the tree it is pared with. Since it can take over so many of a terrestrial features why not…hey.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: A definite need for a timer feature with ultra

Jump to solution

@Jmusich 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that there is a timer-like functionality within the Roku devices through the Bandwidth Saver which will return to the Home screen if you have not interacted with the device after 4 hours.

For more information about the Bandwidth Saver feature and how to turn it on/off, visit our Support page here: How do I use Bandwidth Saver to avoid going over my internet data cap?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jmusich 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that there is a timer-like functionality within the Roku devices through the Bandwidth Saver which will return to the Home screen if you have not interacted with the device after 4 hours.

For more information about the Bandwidth Saver feature and how to turn it on/off, visit our Support page here: How do I use Bandwidth Saver to avoid going over my internet data cap?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jmusich
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Can I say bandwidth saver for shorter time increments the four hour ? 

thanks