Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

A Roku Box's Life Expectancy

mine is dead after six months.  are the new one's trash.  Buying a roku box every six months is cheaper than cable but i hate enrionmental impact

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: A Roku Box's Life Expectancy

I have a roku 2 and 3,,, both failed within one week of each other after using an Ethernet cable was connected, the will do nothing now other than blink on and off, resetting has done nothing at all, WTH?

First one failed, reset did not work, replaced it with second one, same exact thing happened, reset did nothing, now I have two roku that are usless, what is going on?I have been a great fan of this, I was a dedicated user, I am not happy at all.

Mike OConnor

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@colt45 

Thanks for the note.

Looking at your device models, please be aware that these are older devices and it simply may have been on its way out.

However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

That’s incredibly odd. We have the first roku we bought in 2011 and the roku2 we got in 2015! All still work and have been moved and borrowed plenty of times. We now have a Roku Smart Soundbar and have never once had an issue. WiFi or hard wired. 

0 Kudos