Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gary8
Level 9

9.4 Update ruined all my Roku

Dear Roku,

Your 9.4 killed all my devices. We have been VERY patient. Started A MONTH AGO!! (yea, YELLING), like my wife, but less venomous.

Got the 9.4 on Roku 4 first. Frequent lockups. The only button on the remote, that would work, was the 'home' button. Had to use it to 'crash' out of channels maybe 2 times per hour. Moved the 'stick' to the living room. Quieted my wife down, but now I needed 2 remotes because the 'stick' can't see my IR remote. After 4-5 updates in the last month, still no joy.

2 weeks ago, got the 9.4 updates on the 'stick' AND the TCL tv. PERFECT....now I get the screaming again in the living room with the 'stick', due to random reboots, locked in screensaver and remote disconnects. I now get the added pleasure of screaming while in bed, as the TCL tv suffers similar reboot and lockups.

Everything was fine until you fixed it. Did somebody take a massive amount of 'stupid pills'? Stop 'fixing' and give me my 9.3 back. My wife screams at me to goto directv SEVERAL hours per day

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 9.4 Update ruined all my Roku

@Gary8 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-summary of each of the issues you are experiencing

Once we have more information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Gary8
Level 9

Hi Danny,

On the streaming stick, the tracker id was 26-473-650. Keep in mind that was after pulling the power and it was working again. A bit impossible to get that DURING the freeze up, as the remote is unresponsive!

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Gary8 

Thanks for the update.

Can you also provide us with the other information that I requested in my post above?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Gary8
Level 9

locked again...this time 26-475-273. AS roku has all the rest of the data they pushed on me, and YOU are roku, can't you just look in a computer file? I am assuming roku uses computers. They have ALL customer data, linked to my user id, linked to this post..linked to the stick, and the rest of my roku devices. Wifey is screaming enough just freeziing up then rebooting then getting the tracker ID and you want me to go back in there?? Only been told twice today to get Directv. I am trying to avoid that.

0 Kudos
Gary8
Level 9

More symptoms on the stick. Been happening, but now 6-10 times in the last hour. Random popup of full battery indicator, random popup of program progress, sometimes resulting in Sling programming pause. This indicates random 'ok' button input, but nobody is touching a remote. Hoping that helps to point you in the right direction.

0 Kudos
Gary8
Level 9

Per your request,

Model: Roku 4

Ser #: YYOOOR867224

Dev ID: 4U75CO867244

OS ver: 9.4.0-17

Sling Bld: 7.1.19.327

Tracker ID: 24-482-293 (remote unresponsive after about an hour of play)

The TCL tv seems to have settled in. Been okay for about a week.