Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rumor69
Level 8

9.4.1 update Are there any release notes?

I received the 9.4.1 update, but I am not sure what issues it is supposed to address. Are there release notes for this?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 9.4.1 update Are there any release notes?

Sometimes they post something on their blog site (https://blog.roku.com/index) but that's usually for a major version update. I just checked and there is a post about 9.4, but not the incremental update to 9.4.1. I don't even see anything on the developer web site. So my guess it's just some bug fixes. In general, they don't tend to issue release notes for version updates. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
SMCD4
Level 7

It's Feb 16th 2021 and I can't get my Roku to update to 9.4.1.  When I do a manual search it says software is up to date as of Dec 2020.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@SMCD4 wrote:

It's Feb 16th 2021 and I can't get my Roku to update to 9.4.1.  When I do a manual search it says software is up to date as of Dec 2020.

9.4.1 (build 4236 is latest) is for the 4800 only at this point - all other player models use 9.4.0 (build 4200 is latest).

0 Kudos
SMCD4
Level 7

Thanks for the info.

I have the Ultra LT and was hoping to cure some issues with Philo (FF and hiccups) and Discovery+ (hiccups).

S

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@SMCD4 wrote:

Thanks for the info.

I have the Ultra LT and was hoping to cure some issues with Philo (FF and hiccups) and Discovery+ (hiccups).

S

FWIW I anticipate a new build of 9.4.0 to drop in the next week or two - however, the app issues are far more likely to be resolved with app updates.

0 Kudos