Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marek021
Level 7

9.2 Video Issue - Premiere+ and 9.2 update causing TV picture to consistently cut in and out

Ever since I updated my ROKU Premier model 3920R to 9.2 the picture continuously cuts out, presents a black or green screen and then returns to programming. After disconnecting the ROKU and reconnecting my FireTV 1st generation player the issue goes away. It's clear that the ROKU Premier now has some kind of issue after updating to 9.2. Do I wait for ROKU to resolve this or ask for compensation under the two year warranty? 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Heyitsrick
Level 10

Re: 9.2 Video Issue - Premiere+ and 9.2 update causing TV picture to consistently cut in and out

The condition you're experiencing sounds like the "Auto-Adjust Refresh Rate" setting might be enabled on your end. 

Take a look at your settings.

Settings --> Advanced System Settings --> Advanced Display Settings

Now, once in Advanced Display Settings, take a look at the Auto-Adjust Display Refresh Rate setting. If it's Enabled, switch it off. Reboot the Roku.

If it's Disabled, I would temporarily Enable it, reboot the Roku. Then go back and Disable it again/reboot.

If that doesn't work, I'd be trying a different/better/new HDMI cable. I know, I know...it was working before, blah blah blah. But sometimes you gotta try what you gotta try.