Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

64GB MicroSD card Full Already??

I bought a 16GB SD card for my Roku 2.  It formatted OK, but I noticed almost immediately when I would access a channel it would say it was "full"? I don't think I have that many channels about 10-12.  It forced me to remove channels, for it wouldn't run and I would get an error about being full.  I should also mention that I did not have this issue prior to using? It would need to install the channel and tell me to buy an SD card.  Now I cant have more than 10-12 channels!  Is 16 too small? How many channels does your SD hold?

Card I bought
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DNT2LRP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: 64GB MicroSD card Full Already??

16GB is overkill.  It must not be used at all.  What does it say under Settings->System->About next to "MicroSD card"?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you for responding, something is wrong!...it says 100% used 0.0 of 0.0 used.  It did format when inserted, maybe do that again?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

If you have a computer with a SD card slot or some kind of adapter you can use, try formatting it on the computer and then reinsert it into your Roku.  It should offer to format it again.

0 Kudos