Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

Re: 50S425 screen low glow when off

It's gotta be all with the fact that they admitted to me that they are working on a hardware AND possibly a software fix. I'd bet most people don't notice because you can only see the screen glowing in a dark room in my case my bedroom. Once your eyes adjust to the dark room you can't miss it's glow. It's the only of my 3 TCL tv's that does this and the fact the brand new replacement they set the tech to my house with does it too I know they all do. 

0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

Tcl is sending a tech to pick up the tv and I’m being refunded. Ordered a new tv for my movie room and gonna use my 2017 TCL p605 in my bedroom instead.

0 Kudos
Mani55

I have the same issue with 50"
I have had 3 of these with the same issue!

The first I replaced at the store, then for the second, a TCL technician came to replace all the boards, but it did not solve the issue, so I was offered a replacement. The replacement also has the same issue.

I believe all 50S425 must have this issue, if I have experienced it with 3 separate TVs.

0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

They can replace it over and over they told me there is no fix yet for this model which is why I’m getting a refund I’ve only had it since April. 

I put my 2017 55P605 in its place and bought a new 55S535 for my movie room which I have to say is a very pretty tv for $450

0 Kudos

Same here. I had to buy a smart plug so I could use Alexa to "unplug" the TV at night. No more TCL for me.

0 Kudos
Biophase
Reel Rookie

Mine is happening on a 55”. I bought a second one to replace it but the same issue. So I’m going to return both. Too bad tcl hasn’t fixed this.

I have a 65 and it doesn’t happen. I also have a 43 coming and we will see if it has the same issue.

0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

if you can go with the new S535 QLED series i did that and it's amazing looks and works better than my Old 2017 55P605 even.

0 Kudos
bunjas33

I have the equal problem. I even have a stick and a couple of ultras. They were working exquisite then all of a sudden the stick and one extremely would not connect to the internet for review. I’ve tried the entirety to treatment the trouble.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @bunjas33

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, are you having issues with your Roku's internet connection? Do you receive an error code or message? Please also reply here with the model number of the affected device. It can be located in Settings > System > About

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

We have this same problem. Wakes me up at night! 

0 Kudos