Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

Re: 50S425 screen low glow when off

Still an issue every night I come up to bed the tv is still glowing in the dark like a dim nightlight 

chelseaj
Channel Surfer

Has anyone figured out a solution to this? I just got my tv and it’s beyond frustrating to have a dim glow coming from the screen when I’m trying to sleep. Contacting TCL support through chat has been fruitless and unhelpful. 

0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

I still haven’t ours is in our bedroom I see it every night with all lights out 

0 Kudos
chelseaj
Channel Surfer

Yes, same. The only way to get rid of it is to completely disconnect the tv from power which is obviously not an acceptable solution. Wish TCL would respond. 

0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

I’ve tweeted this thread link to Roku and tcl see if they respond 

0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

TCL support has messaged me on Twitter and I’ve PMed them my info and the issue I’ll update and see what they say

chelseaj
Channel Surfer

hopefully something that is actually helpful! When I spoke with them they said they couldn’t help me without a photo of the issue. I kept telling them that My camera was not able to capture the grey glow because you can only notice it in a very dark room, but why would any of us make up having this issue? Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Dillis94

So what did they say? 

0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

They are setting up a repair /replacement still awaiting confirmation of when.

0 Kudos
chelseaj
Channel Surfer

They are sending a technician to replace some parts on the TV. The parts arrived today and the technician should be calling to schedule a repair date within the next couple of days. Hopefully this finally resolves the problem, though I won't be able to tell if the repair worked until night when it's dark enough.

0 Kudos