Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

50S425 screen low glow when off

So i recently purchased a 50S425 and noticed that in a pitch black room the screen has a low glow. fast start is OFF and no other power save settings are on. 

And yes the Power light is turned off this is the screen back light in a low glow state of some kind.

I have several other Roku TV's and I've never seen this it's almost like it really isn't turning off all the way.

41 REPLIES 41
js_tv

Re: 50S425 screen low glow when off

I have the exact same issue with the TCL Series 4 50 inch Roku tv. Tried everything, including updating the firmware to 4.3.0. Only turn off the power bar makes it go away. 

I am also having the same issue. Worried the screen is going to stop working due to overheating : ( 

HisSvt2
Roku Guru

My understanding is this is how the tv is supposed to operate in the quick start mode but I have that turned off I even factory reset the tv and reset the whole tv and it still does it.

my 2017 55P605 doesn’t do this and my nephew checked his 43S425 doesn’t either this seems to be unique to this model but no one has responded to anything I’ve posted or tweeted to TCL or Roku.

Moxyman
Reel Rookie

Same issue!

0 Kudos
Wu1chef
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue.  Has this been solved?

0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

No it hasn’t and no response from support. I’ve done a full reset nothing all my Roku TVs are on 9.3 and have issues Granted this light thing has been since the day I bought it.

0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

Is anyone from Roku support watching these threads at all? Rokutanner anyone?

0 Kudos
Sunday

I have same issue on 50”

0 Kudos
Wu1chef
Reel Rookie

I noticed there is no glow when I turn it off from Slingtv.  When it turn it off from chromecast, it does have the glow.  Can people confirm this?

0 Kudos