Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

5/31/2020 certificate loss -- cannot get to settings to do manual update

Jump to solution

My Roku 3 is in screen saver mode since the certificate loss issue. How do I get to settings so I can apply the manual update required? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: 5/31/2020 certificate loss -- cannot get to settings to do manual update

Jump to solution

Thanks for your super fast response! Timing is everything... had used the Roku earlier today and everything was fine so thought the certificate loss must have somehow been the cause of my issue; but evidently my remote bit the dust. New batteries didn't help, so did the reset (which I did not know about before -- thank you very much) and the remote is unable to synch up which I have done previously with no issue. Replacement remote ordered from Amazon and should arrive Wednesday. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

The Certificate thing only should affect certain Channels.

Its just to make sure your software isnt railroaded.

Your screensaver problem shouldnt be related.

Sounds more like your remote isnt working for some reason.

Check the batterys.

You can do a reset on the back of the Roku by sticking a paper clip down

the hole and holding it down a good 30 seconds.

Leave everything plugged in and powered on.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for your super fast response! Timing is everything... had used the Roku earlier today and everything was fine so thought the certificate loss must have somehow been the cause of my issue; but evidently my remote bit the dust. New batteries didn't help, so did the reset (which I did not know about before -- thank you very much) and the remote is unable to synch up which I have done previously with no issue. Replacement remote ordered from Amazon and should arrive Wednesday. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Ok but make sure you ordered the right one.

There are many.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos