Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skibumintahoe
Reel Rookie

3910RW Airplay?

I have a 3910RW and read that os10 will finally support streaming from iPhone devices.  But system update won’t go past 9.4.

Am I out of luck here?  I’m about ready to switch platforms so I can stream/mirror iPhone. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 3910RW Airplay?

An update from Roku operating system 9.4 to 10.0 is currently rolling out, unit by unit, via some schedule known only to Roku.  As far as I know, your Express 3910 is still being updated so you should get it eventually.  None of my Rokus, listed in my signature below, have received it yet either.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Skibumintahoe
Reel Rookie

@makaiguy wrote:

An update from Roku operating system 9.4 to 10.0 is currently rolling out, unit by unit, via some schedule known only to Roku.  As far as I know, your Express 3910 is still being updated so you should get it eventually.  None of my Rokus, listed in my signature below, have received it yet either.

Thank you for the reply.  So stupid of Roku to not have some sort of schedule for updating to 10.   Guess we all have to check daily for the updates.  Ridiculous!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Skibumintahoe wrote:

@makaiguy wrote:

Thank you for the reply.  So stupid of Roku to not have some sort of schedule for updating to 10.   Guess we all have to check daily for the updates.  Ridiculous!

Yes, it is a bit ridiculous, with a little bit more added in for spice: just because a device updates to OS10, does not mean it will immediately have AirPlay support.

The AirPlay functionality is actually a (hidden) set of apps that installs/updates separately from RokOS itself (like other apps), though it does have RokuOS version+build requirements.

This is also what happened with the initial AirPlay support last year - initial builds of 9.4 did not have AirPlay support, and once a certain later build (4176) became available, separate AirPlay updates became available for those devices.

E.g. I have several (3800s and 3910s) Roku models that have firmware version 10.0.0-4185, and none of them has AirPlay 2 functionality yet.

So, be prepared to wait for several builds of OS10, and a separate AirPlay update before it appears/becomes available.

0 Kudos
Skibumintahoe
Reel Rookie

Ginally Got the update this morning and works perfectly!!! 

0 Kudos