Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

3810R vs 3810RW

Jump to solution

What is the difference between Model 3810R and Model 3810RW?  I am preparing to buy and have seen both Model numbers used on different sites but can't determine a feature difference.  What's the difference?

Also have seen it stated "Updated for 2019" do you know what that means?  Hardware update?  Software update?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: 3810R vs 3810RW

Jump to solution

@bfks4v8 There are no differences in these devices. 'R' & 'RW' simply indicate a retailer the device was sold at, or in some cases a region, in which the device was sold. The only difference you may see would be the pre-programmed channel buttons on the remote that may vary by retailer and/or manufacturing date. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

The differences are very subtle. One comes from Walmart.

"Updated for 2019"

Probably just software but beats me.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for clarifying the model issue.  Much appreciated!

Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

The walmart model will come with remote with vudu key. Best buy has exclusive version that comes remote with headphone jack, of course its normal price $59.99, instead of $49.99.

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@bfks4v8 There are no differences in these devices. 'R' & 'RW' simply indicate a retailer the device was sold at, or in some cases a region, in which the device was sold. The only difference you may see would be the pre-programmed channel buttons on the remote that may vary by retailer and/or manufacturing date. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos