Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgtr
Level 7

3800 vs 3900

I have a pair of 3800s that in hindsight may not have been what I should have purchased (very problematic remotes that lose their sync regularly). I also regret not being able to use my universal IR remotes. I'm thinking of selling my almost new 3800s at online auction and buying a pair of 3900s.

From what I can tell - they are very similar units...?

I would lose the built in microphones for audio search (could still do this via mobile ap)

I would have to have the unit in visible line of site as with any traditional IR controlled device

I would be able to use a single universal IR remote for all devices including the 3900

Am I missing anything? 

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: 3800 vs 3900

"pgtr" wrote:
I have a pair of 3800s that in hindsight may not have been what I should have purchased (very problematic remotes that lose their sync regularly). I also regret not being able to use my universal IR remotes. I'm thinking of selling my almost new 3800s at online auction and buying a pair of 3900s.

From what I can tell - they are very similar units...?

I would lose the built in microphones for audio search (could still do this via mobile ap)

I would have to have the unit in visible line of site as with any traditional IR controlled device

I would be able to use a single universal IR remote for all devices including the 3900

Am I missing anything? 

thanks

3900 is 2.4 GHz only, while 3800 also supports 5 GHz band on WiFi. Apart from that, you should get similar performance from the 3900.

Also, kinda related, on your other post, you dismissed out of hand trying a different WiFi band in troubleshooting your Stick remote issue, saying you did that a while back. While changing to 1 or 11 may not resolve it, you won’t know unless you actually do it.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos