Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gizzmo
Reel Rookie

14.4 iOS upgrade

Just upgraded iPhone 7 to iOS 14.4 and now I can’t stream videos or pictures from the phone. I get a rectangle box on the tv with a broken zig zag line through it with a message saying “unable to display this image “

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 14.4 iOS upgrade

@Gizzmo

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Are you trying to screen mirror or cast from your phone? Are you using Airplay with your Roku device?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gizzmo
Reel Rookie

Before I updated my phone I could cast to the Roku dongle no problem. Model number 3500Eu. I also have a Roku express and it won’t cast to that as well so I suspect it’s the phone cos everything worked ok b4 update.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gizzmo

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify how you were casting to your Roku device? Screen mirroring with a Roku device is not supported with iOS® or Apple devices.

For more information about casting and screen mirroring with Roku devices, visit our Support page here: 

How do I use screen mirroring with my Android™ or Windows® device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gizzmo
Reel Rookie

Well that’s baffling. All I did was tap the photo icon on the app. Roku accessed my camera roll. I selected what I wanted, and they appeared on the tv. End of. I didn’t do anything special. As did my daughter after she download the app. And she was also using an iPhone.

0 Kudos