Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FML2010
Visitor

will pay for working example

If anyone can provide me with a working example of the following we will pay for it.

We cant afford a lot but for anyone that experienced with bright script should be able to do in a few hours of work if they already don't have the code laying around all ready.

1.) video player example, complete with welcome Poster screen, this poster screen we can update dynamically
2.) registration of Roku box on our site using PHP that can link to a user on our site. so will pull from Mysql DB to check user
3.) on a good registration go to one category xml feed
4.) on a bad registration go to a different category xml feed.

I want to get up and running in a few weeks so we can be ready for school to offer these as some distance learning and tutorials.

I just don't have the time to learn a new language.

Thanks PM to send me a price. please be reasonable and any outrageous "bids" will just be ignored... you should have an example of your work ready to show us. and we wont pay till we see a working example.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
FML2010
Visitor

Re: will pay for working example

SO not one developer is willing to sell us some working code?

thats the exact issue we have since posting here, no one really wants to give you the final pieces of the puzzle.

i understand learning some on your own, which we have. But quite honestly it seems that no one is willing to go out their way here cause they feel they spent so much time and money on the initial time using the SDK. and now for us newbies its so much easier.

We have used other sdk's and api's and most all of them are way more willing to help and share code then here.

What we don't get is why the Mods who know the code better than anyone wouldn't be a bit more willing to help out. Not saying we haven't been helped, but its very vague and the whole attitude seems to be here is to learn on your own. or that everyone just "gets it" and if you dont go away.

Well were not planning to do more than one or two projects, and it would only help out everyone to have more content in the channel store. a full working sample of the video player with registration and how to implement it on your site would help add so much more content to the channel store.

So with that said, Roku needs to understand that if you want to grow even more with more content to sell, you need to help out everyone equally and keep in mind that not everyone plans to be a Nowhereman and design so many great apps. there are people like us who just have an idea and content and just want to publish it.

Everyone wins with a more "open" community and help for anyone that needs it... if you have code share it, or heck we even offered to pay. what else does it take.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

I can't speak for the lack of response from Roku, but there's currently a developer competition going on that I would assume is keeping most of the third-party developers busy at the moment (it's definitely keeping me busy). That competition ends early next month, so you might have better luck getting help with your app then.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
FML2010
Visitor

thanks endless, makes sense i suppose
0 Kudos