Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

Re: videoscreen close w/ update of springboard

ok excuse me if i am getting confused here....

first my button info is in the refreshShowDetail function, and then that is called in the showDetailScreen function

Function showDetailScreen(screen As Object, showList As Object, showIndex as Integer) As dynamic
if validateParam(screen, "roSpringboardScreen", "showDetailScreen") = false return -1
if validateParam(showList, "roArray", "showDetailScreen") = false return -1

refreshShowDetail(screen, showList, showIndex)

is that essentially the same thing? here is refreshShowdetails

Function refreshShowDetail(screen As Object, showList As Object, showIndex as Integer) As dynamic

if validateParam(screen, "roSpringboardScreen", "refreshShowDetail") = false return -1
if validateParam(showList, "roArray", "refreshShowDetail") = false return -1
show = showList[showIndex]
screen.ClearButtons()
screen.AddButton(1, "Play from beginning")
PlayStart = RegRead(showList[showIndex].ContentId)
if PlayStart = invalid then
else if PlayStart = "0"
else
screen.AddButton(2, "Resume playing")
endif
screen.AllowUpdates(true)
screen.SetContent(show)
screen.Show()
End Function

as you see i need the info so i can do this PlayStart = RegRead(showList[showIndex].ContentId)

so when i tried the method you showed me i was having all sorts of issues because i need showList[showIndex].ContentId to check for the last position.

so what do you suggest now?

also that showVideoScreen(showList[showIndex]) was taking me direct to the video and bypassing the video detail screen

been trying several things but i keep getting "not dim'd" errors or something each time
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

Guys, i tried a few other things and still not working, i think the issue is cause i dont have the content id yet.

thus the dim'd errror. i think i may have to when i click on the poster to enter i need to post something to registry that i can then pull out to do your sub as described endless, or after seeing my code do you see a different way?
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

If you already have the code in refreshShowDetail, then just call it again immediately after showVideoScreen...

showVideoScreen(showList[showIndex])
refreshShowDetail(screen, showList, showIndex)
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

Endless, crazy thing is thats how i had it! haha

what was messing it all up was that there was a postRoll ad, and it would write the new position for that and save it, even though it wasn't the actual "episode.contentId".

so i had to then add a few things to my video array so i would know it was a ad, then in the area where it would write to the registry i added in a check to see if it was a ad or not. if it was a ad it would do nothing if it wasnt a ad or the main video it would then write to the registry.

i thought something was odd that when watching a preroll and i hit up it would always do what i wanted it to do, but if i watched the post roll it wouldnt. i had assumed incorrectly that it would know it wasn't the actual video.

it was the hitting up that i for some reason kept missing when trying to duplicate. because i would sit and watch the post roll to be sure that was working correctly!

Thanks guys glad i was actually on the right path to begin with, was just the original code was not made for a simulated playlist
0 Kudos