Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unDEFER
Streaming Star

roVideoPlayer plays only Sound

Hello!
I try to use roVideoPlayer in my big channel but it doesn't show any picture.
The same url pretty work in the customvideoplayer.
It also good work with roVideoScreen in my channel.
But I can't to make it working in my application with roVideoPlayer.
I try to use and fullscreen playing and framed version. But it only plays sound and doesn't show picture.

What I can do wrong?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
unDEFER
Streaming Star

Re: roVideoPlayer plays only Sound

I have found!
It appears that the field for roVideoPlayer must be filled with black rectangle but not "#000000" (6 zeros). It is obligatory must be "#00000000" (8 zeros) color. This colors looks equally, but roVideoPlayer see a difference between it.

Unfortunately I haven't found any notes about it in SDK.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

The extra zeros are for the alpha channel, so that the rectangle being drawn on top of the video is transparent. You're essentially cutting a window out of the graphics plane, so the video plane underneath can be seen. Without the transparency bits, you're drawing an opaque black rectangle, so the video underneath can't be seen.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
unDEFER
Streaming Star

It is not quite so, TheEndless.
It is also doesn't show any picture if I use fully cleared layers on roImageCanvas.
roImageCanvas really never clear screen. So using your logic, picture of video must be covered with more low not transparent layers. But they doesn't cover it if at top layer exists "#00000000" filled rectangle.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"unDEFER" wrote:
It is not quite so, TheEndless.
It is also doesn't show any picture if I use fully cleared layers on roImageCanvas.
roImageCanvas really never clear screen. So using your logic, picture of video must be covered with more low not transparent layers. But they doesn't cover it if at top layer exists "#00000000" filled rectangle.

I'm not quite sure if I understand what you're saying, but with the image canvas, you need to specify "Source" for the CompositionMode, if you want transparency at a higher level to override lower levels.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos