Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabio85
Visitor

roRSA in Scene Graph Application

Hi,
we are upgrading our channel to SDK 2.0 (SGS), but we have a big problem. To verify digital signature we used the roRSA and the verify method, but in Scene Graph Application roRSA cannot be used. So which component we have to use to do the same thing of the code down here?
function CheckValidSignature() as Boolean

ba = CreateObject("roByteArray")
        ba.FromAsciiString(m.resultObjectString)

digest = CreateObject("roEVPDigest")
        digest.Setup("sha256")

hashString = digest.Process(ba)
        hashBA = CreateObject("roByteArray")
        hashBA.FromHexString(hashString)
        rsa = CreateObject("roRSA")

baSignature=CreateObject("roByteArray") 
        baSignature.FromBase64String(m.signature)
        signature=baSignature

rsa = CreateObject("roRSA")
        rsa.SetPublicKey("pkg:/locale/default/RSA/publicKey.txt")
        rsa.SetDigestAlgorithm("sha256")

result = rsa.Verify(hashBA, signature)

if (result = 1)

return true      

end if

return false
end function 
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
belltown
Roku Guru

Re: roRSA in Scene Graph Application

roRSA won't run in a Scene or a Task. However, it should work in the Main() thread. In Main(), set up a field observer using a port to listen for changes in some global variable that you can set in your Scene or Task. You should be able to use roRSA in that event-handler, which in turn can set some other global variable to pass the result back to your Scene or Task. I haven't tried this, so I'm just speculating, but I think it's worth a try.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"belltown" wrote:
roRSA won't run in a Scene or a Task. ...

It doesn't run in a Task?
Why on god's green earth it won't do that?!
0 Kudos
fabio85
Visitor

"belltown" wrote:
roRSA won't run in a Scene or a Task. However, it should work in the Main() thread. In Main(), set up a field observer using a port to listen for changes in some global variable that you can set in your Scene or Task. You should be able to use roRSA in that event-handler, which in turn can set some other global variable to pass the result back to your Scene or Task. I haven't tried this, so I'm just speculating, but I think it's worth a try.

Hi belltown, i resolved creating a field in the scene, to use a function in the Main Thread. Fortunately I needed an asynchronous control.
0 Kudos