Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xtr33me
Level 7

roImageCanvas Text wrapping not working

I am putting together a POC for a presentation and I need to display an encoded value and then the decoded value on screen. Now I have the decoded workign nicely, however the encoded vale comes in as a string of about 1024 characters. Now I am using the below code and when I display it on the screen, it doesn't stay in the rect at all. I can move the x and y around and that works, but it doesnt even recognize the width and height values at all. Am I doing something wrong?

arr = CreateObject("roAssociativeArray")
raw["targetRect"] = {x:100, y: 100, w:20, h:100}
raw["textAttrs"] = { font: "small", color:m.textColor, HAlign: "Left", VAlign: "Top" }
raw["text"] = encodedVal
m.canvas.SetLayer(1, raw)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
TheEndless
Level 10

Re: roImageCanvas Text wrapping not working

I believe the image canvas will only wrap text at non-word characters (e.g., space, hyphen, carriage return, etc.), so you'll probably need to add spaces into the string to get it to wrap, or implement your own wrapping.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
xtr33me
Level 7

Re: roImageCanvas Text wrapping not working

Thanks theEndless for the response. I ended up writing something that did that and as you stated, this is a continuous string of characters so guess that is why it wasn't working. Thanks again mate!
0 Kudos