Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ionatan
Roku Guru

roGridScreen focus image for mixed-apect-ratio style

Hello,

roGridScreen with mixed-apect-ratio style uses different border images for focused items. Is it possible to configure what images to be used for each row? GridScreenFocusBorderHD set the same image for all different aspect ratio rows and I couldn't find a way to update this "on the fly".
I've tried this code from below but didn't worked. Any thoughts?
if type(msg) = "roGridScreenEvent" then
app = CreateObject("roAppManager")
app.SetThemeAttribute("GridScreenFocusBorderHD", "pkg:/images/GridCenter_Border_HD.png")

Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: roGridScreen focus image for mixed-apect-ratio style

Once the screen is drawn, there's no way to update the theme without some ugly hacks, like creating and destroying an roMessageDialog before it's displayed. I've found, on the roSpringboardScreen at least, that creating an roImageCanvas, but never displaying it, will force the theme to update. I don't know if that will work on an roGridScreen or not.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
ionatan
Roku Guru

Re: roGridScreen focus image for mixed-apect-ratio style

Thank you. I've tried this but didn't worked.
0 Kudos