Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coredump
Visitor

roGridScreen - Scroll Vertical Only

I like the functionality of the roGridScreen but I want to have one title and all the images below (many rows) it but no horizontal scrolling. Is it possible to do this with the roGridScreen or do I need to roll my own ?

Like this :

Sci-Fi Movies

1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 0
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: roGridScreen - Scroll Vertical Only

The grid doesn't support it natively, but you could "fake it" by splitting the content and adding multiple 5 item rows to the grid. If that's not what you're wanting, then you'll need to roll your own (which is no small task).
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
coredump
Visitor

Can you show me how to "fake" this in a code snippet ? Here is what I came up with but obviously doesn't work

movieGrid = CreateObject("roGridScreen")
movieGrid.SetGridStyle("flat-movie")
movieGrid.SetupLists(10)
canvas.SetLayer(10,movieGrid) ' How do I specify the target rectangle
0 Kudos
Romans_I_XVI
Roku Guru

So are you saying you want the images to stay stationary and not move sideways? Meaning you want the selector to move around the screen instead.

If this is what you mean than it is impossible. By faking it I believe he was meaning doing something like PBS which just makes it so there are only 4 items per row on the grid screen. I did that at first but then I decided to put in the work to create my own screen using roScreen. But as stated, this is no small task.

My favorite UI in the roku channels I have seen is Hulu's. It does something like what you are asking I believe, it makes it very easy to browse through large amounts of content.
0 Kudos