Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Invoice is not refundable" error when trying to refund subscription via web API

I am currently trying to refund a subscription using the API request found at https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/roku-pay/roku-web-service.md#refund-subscription

The response I'm getting is

{
    "errorCode": null,
    "errorDetails": null,
    "errorMessage": "Invoice is not refundable.",
    "status": 1,
    "RefundId": null
}

But there is no indication as to why it isn't refundable. I've confirmed that the partner API Key and transactionID are valid and I'm able to validate the transaction and cancel the subscription via the API without any issues, it's only refund that's receiving this error. I've tried to refund both before and after cancelling the subscription with the same result

Things that I'm currently unclear on that might help but I haven't been able to find answers to:

• Do subscriptions have to be flagged in some way in order to be refundable?
  • This transaction was done via a tester account, is it possible that test transactions cannot be refunded? (and if so how would I go about testing this functionality?)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: "Invoice is not refundable" error when trying to refund subscription via web API

You should probably contact partnersuccess for a definitive answer, but I'd be it's part of Roku's "subscriptions are not refundable" policy.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
developer_uj24
Binge Watcher

Re: "Invoice is not refundable" error when trying to refund subscription via web API

I'm having the same issue does it was due to you're tester?

0 Kudos