Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salsanegra
Visitor

questions on channel updating

I'm new here please dont flame me, I want to start developing my own channel but what I'm unsure of a few things after I have read all the roku FAQs and other PDF files. But what I wanted to know is that the channel I want to make will show primetime TV shows from a website. My questions are :

The shows I want to put update every week, so for the show to show up on the the channel do I have to update the channel myself with url's, HD/SD posters etc every week? Or will the channel after its developed do it automatically?

And once the channel is developed and made I'm not going to have to use my PC right? Since the all the TV shows etc is streaming directly for a website.

Lastly imstrarting from scratch I've downloaded the SDK kit and I've registered for the development account on roku does anyone have any tips on how to make this as ez as possible for a first timer? Thanks
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
thetick
Roku Guru

Re: questions on channel updating

"salsanegra" wrote:
I want to make will show primetime TV shows from a website.

Before addressing all your questions do you have rights to redistribute the primetime content? Just because the videos are hosted on a website does not give you the right redistribute the content with Roku.
TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO MAX. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
0 Kudos