Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
priya_sp
Visitor

progress bar is not diplaying in video

progress bar is missing in my video..
i have called a video url .

could anyone help me?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
belltown
Roku Guru

Re: progress bar is not diplaying in video

From the Scene Graph XML Guide:

Setting Focus on the Video Node

You must set focus on the Video node while playback is occurring for the trick play bar and some other user interface options to be used. After playback has finished, you will generally want to set focus back on the user interface element (usually a list or grid or custom video "details" screen) from which the user selected the video.
0 Kudos
priya_sp
Visitor

<component name = "PanelExample" extends = "Panel"  initialFocus="exampleVideo">
  <interface >
    <field id = "description" type = "string" onChange = "showdescription" />
  </interface>

<script type = "text/brightscript" >

<![CDATA[

sub init()
      m.top.panelSize = "full"
      m.top.focusable = true
      m.top.hasNextPanel = true
      m.top.isFullScreen = false
    end sub

sub showdescription()
      videocontent = createObject("RoSGNode", "ContentNode")
      videocontent.title = "Example Video"
      print videocontent.title
      videocontent.streamformat = "mp4"
      'videocontent.url = "http://roku.cpl.delvenetworks.com/media/59021fabe3b645968e382ac726cd6c7b/f8de8daf2ba34aeb90edc55b2d380c3f/b228eeaba0f248c48e01e158f99cd96e/rr_123_segment_1_072715.mp4"
      videocontent.url = m.top.description
      print m.top.description
      m.video = m.top.findNode("exampleVideo")
      m.video.content = videocontent
      m.video.setFocus(true)
      print   m.video.hasFocus()
      m.video.control = "play"
      m.video.loop = true
      print "state"
[size=85][font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]     end sub[/font][/size]
  </script>

<children >

<Rectangle
    id = "infoRectangle"
    translation = "[ 0, 10 ]"
    height = "460"
    width = "1020"
    color = "0x101010C0">
      <Video id = "exampleVideo"   height = "560"
            width = "1020"/>
    </Rectangle>

</children>

</component>

this is my code..im not getting the progress bar.i checked with hasfocus function().im getting an true value..could you tel me where i have gone wrong?
0 Kudos
priya_sp
Visitor

can anyone help ? how to fix the progress bar
0 Kudos
the_mace
Channel Surfer

I'm also having trouble getting the progress bars to show when playing my first video. If I exit the video and go play another then the progress bar/controls work fine. The video is in focus when playing and the buttons work as expected (pause/play etc). Anyone figure this out yet?
0 Kudos
the_mace
Channel Surfer

After some playing around, I found the issue that my Video node was down below my top content node and that evidently caused issues. I moved to using a Video node at the top of the tree and then everything behaved normally (controls worked and are there on first play). Not sure why it has that quirk but in case someone else runs into it...
0 Kudos
Bhavya
Visitor

I have the same issue. Progress bar is not visible for the first video. When I press back button and play the video again, progress bar is visible.
I tried your solution and put the video node at top of all children in xml. But it is not working for me. Could you please help if I am doing something wrong.
0 Kudos
macmillanweb
Reel Rookie

This is still an issue. Need to have someone from Roku explain why the first video has focus, but will not enable ff rw and play controls?
0 Kudos
macmillanweb
Reel Rookie

"the_mace" wrote:
After some playing around, I found the issue that my Video node was down below my top content node and that evidently caused issues. I moved to using a Video node at the top of the tree and then everything behaved normally (controls worked and are there on first play). Not sure why it has that quirk but in case someone else runs into it...

This solution does not solve the problem.
0 Kudos