Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usman_itsreleva
Streaming Star

logos changing from blue to orange or orange to blue

On my channel on ROKU, I am facing an issue that images color change from blue to orange or orange to blue and it appears to be happening just to the images. And it’s only on certain boxes.

What can be issue?
9 REPLIES 9
rymawby
Binge Watcher

Re: logos changing from blue to orange or orange to blue

Hi Usman,

Do you have a code sample I can take a look at?
0 Kudos
usman_itsreleva
Streaming Star

"rymawby" wrote:
Hi Usman,

Do you have a code sample I can take a look at?

screen = CreateObject("roBitmap", {width: 1280, height: 720, AlphaEnable: True})
If screen <> Invalid
screen.Clear(&h00000000)
       If thislogoImageURL <> Invalid And this.bitmaps[this.logoImageURL].bitmap <> Invalid
screen.DrawScaledObject(1000, 27, 1.0, 1.0, this.bitmaps[this.logoImageURL].bitmap, &hFFFFFFC0)
End If

This happens to only some boxes that original color of image is blue and on screen it displays orange and vice versa.
 Here is original image:  https://ibb.co/mT7YrG (Jersey).
joetesta
Roku Guru

I used to see this in the past a lot, think it was when I was developing on a Roku 4 back prior to about 6 months ago.
Retrieved Images would load with their inverse colors, usually only the first time they were loaded / displayed, then subsequently they'd display their correct colors.
Chalked it up to a firmware bug and tried to ignore it.  Haven't seen it recently and suspect the factor was the Roku 4 device...?
aspiring
0 Kudos
usman_itsreleva
Streaming Star

"joetesta" wrote:
I used to see this in the past a lot, think it was when I was developing on a Roku 4 back prior to about 6 months ago.
Retrieved Images would load with their inverse colors, usually only the first time they were loaded / displayed, then subsequently they'd display their correct colors.
Chalked it up to a firmware bug and tried to ignore it.  Haven't seen it recently and suspect the factor was the Roku 4 device...?

I am facing this issue on Roke 2 and Roku Express devices.
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

Curious - do you have other Roku models that do not show the issue?  I've been developing on Roku 3 and Ultra for the past 6 months and haven't been noticing it
Perhaps it's something about the nature of the images that makes the bug possible or likely?
aspiring
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

I looked at those images when they were posted here. There was no logic to what was happening -graphics wise.  It seems like a firmware issue to me. And given what it's priority might be, I'd start looking for other solutions.
Kinetics Screensavers
brybott
Visitor

What firmware version is this occurring on. I suspect this may be an issue with 8.0 firmware?
0 Kudos
usman_itsreleva
Streaming Star

"brybott" wrote:
What firmware version is this occurring on. I suspect this may be an issue with 8.0 firmware?

Software version is 7.7.0
joetesta
Roku Guru

I was seeing it a year ago, I guess that was 7.0
aspiring
0 Kudos