Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
groman00
Visitor

Re: loadingBitmapUri not working

I'm using a Roku 4, firmware version 7.0, built 8906. Not seeing anything that indicates that this only works in 7.1.
Greg Roman
Senior Software Engineer, AOL Alpha
0 Kudos
BCVatOVG
Visitor

Have you tried updating to the latest firmware? It could possibly be a bug in the 7.0 firmware.
0 Kudos
groman00
Visitor

I'll see if I can get my hands on another roku to test. Ideally, we want our channel to support 7.0, bc it doesn't seem like the 7.1 upgrade is forced on users.

Thanks for the help.
Greg Roman
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"groman00" wrote:
I'll see if I can get my hands on another roku to test. Ideally, we want our channel to support 7.0, bc it doesn't seem like the 7.1 upgrade is forced on users.

Thanks for the help.

They roll out firmware updates over an extended period of time, so they can respond quickly if a major bug is discovered. 7.1 is in the roll out process now. I'd be surprised if it wasn't on all devices within a couple of weeks.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
groman00
Visitor

"TheEndless" wrote:
"groman00" wrote:

Thanks for the help.

They roll out firmware updates over an extended period of time, so they can respond quickly if a major bug is discovered. 7.1 is in the roll out process now. I'd be surprised if it wasn't on all devices within a couple of weeks.

So you're saying eventually everyone will be forced onto 7.1?
Greg Roman
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"groman00" wrote:
So you're saying eventually everyone will be forced onto 7.1?

Yes.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
BCVatOVG
Visitor

Yes, TheEndless is correct. Roku forces updates to the latest. Everyone who's box is connected to the internet will be automagically forced to the latest firmware throughout the next few weeks as Roku rolls out the firmware update. There is also a mechanism in the package upload on the developer site to set the firmware version for your specific app, which will only allow users running the minimum required firmware to install your new, updated app.
0 Kudos