Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
babuhari123
Visitor

how to handle Remote keys left/right in poster screen

Hi,
Friend one small dout can we handle Remote keys left/right buttons in roposterscreen. if possible tell me how to do it
with one small example

please help me

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: how to handle Remote keys left/right in poster screen

Handle them for what, specifically? They are not exposed to BrightScript on the poster screen, because they're used internally to provide navigation. You can listen for the isListFocused() and isListItemFocused() events to find out when the selection is changed, if that's your goal.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
Trevor
Visitor

"TheEndless" wrote:
You can listen for the isListFocused() and isListItemFocused() events to find out when the selection is changed, if that's your goal.

Just watch the index when you listen for those and you can deduce the movement direction the user is going on the list, so you'll know what key press, left or right, the roPosterScreen just processed.
*** Trevor Anderson - bloggingwordpress.com - moviemavericks.com ***
0 Kudos
babuhari123
Visitor

hai friends i can listen when itemlistfocused()
but task is when the last index is chnaged in listitemfocused() i want to display another few more data in roposterscreen
but it going again first item list

can any one tell me please.....................
0 Kudos
Trevor
Visitor

This isn't fully functioning code, just an example which I haven't tested. You may need to do a little more to get the poster screen to update after setting the new content list, I'm not sure, but it would go something like this:

port = CreateObject("roMessagePort")
poster = CreateObject("roPosterScreen")
poster.SetMessagePort(port)

poster.SetContentList(list)
poster.SetFocusedListItem(0)
poster.Show()

LastIndex = 0
ListCount = list.Count() - 1
While True
msg = wait(0, port)
If msg.isScreenClosed() Then
return -1
ElseIf msg.isListItemFocused()
If msg.GetIndex = 0 And LastIndex = ListCount Then
poster.SetContentList(newlist)
poster.SetFocusedListItem(0)
ListCount = newlist.Count() - 1
LastIndex = 0
Else
LastIndex = msg.GetIndex()
End If
End If
End While

The real hack to do here is add a special list item at the very end of the list that says "Next" or something similar with a similar graphic, then just check to see if the msg.GetIndex() is equal to the list.Count() - 1 which means the user has set focus to the last list item and then load the new list content. That way it doesn't move back to the first list item before loading the next content list, and it appears more natural to the end user. The other thing might be to load the new content list when the user selects the last "Next" list item instead of just setting focus there (which could be a little jarring and unexpected), that would be more inline with how the rest of the Roku interface behaves.
*** Trevor Anderson - bloggingwordpress.com - moviemavericks.com ***
0 Kudos
babuhari123
Visitor

thanks for reply i will try similarly with example

thanq once again
0 Kudos