Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hd/fhd layout using scene graph xml

Hi everyone,

I am starting work on an app using the scene graph xml SDK.  I like the idea of putting fixed locations, sizes, etc. in the declarative part of the XML.  The problem I am running into is that often times, these items depend on the screen resolution.  I end up calculating these properties in the init() function of the element in question.  That's kind of a shame, because there are only 3 resolutions at the moment (sd,hd,fhd).  It seems like there should be a way to specify coordinates and sizes that depend on the mode.  For instance, make a font size 30 in hd mode and 40 in fhd, size a rectangle with one width in hd and another width in fdh, etc.  It looks like there is support for loading different images in different resolutions using uri_resolution_autosub in the manifest file, but apparently that only applies to images.

Anyway, I have not figured out a way to do this.  Any clues?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: hd/fhd layout using scene graph xml

That is a great and very relevant question!
Read first this recently discovered is that when in 720p, Roku player just scales the channel icons from 540x405 (channel store info) and 290x218 (home screen) - down to 360x270 and 193x145. So look at them in 720, do they look bad?
0 Kudos