Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
destruk
Level 10

flat-movie gridscreen highlight box location

For the default NetFlix style gridscreen is it possible to set the rectangle border to the top left option like four-column-flat-landscape does?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TheEndless
Level 7

Re: flat-movie gridscreen highlight box location

You can't change it on "flat-movie" but you could use "mixed-aspect-ratio" with "portrait" row styles. That would give you something close to what you're after.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
destruk
Level 10

I tried using that, but some of our thumbnails got stretched to double-height for portrait, and when we set it to landscape and replaced the graphics some randomly get cut in half (only top half of the graphic shows up)
Is there a better way? Using 210x270 for portrait and 256x143 for landscape. I hope we won't need to redo all the dimensions of all our graphics here.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Level 7

I believe "mixed-aspect-ratio" doesn't play nicely with some of the display modes. Have you tried different display mode settings?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
destruk
Level 10

No, we'll get back to this at a later date. It's on the list, just running out of time.
I did get it to display fine with portrait, loading the right thumbnails - for all the rows - none were split or enlarged or anything - it looked good - but then the roku4 box would randomly crash, requiring a hard reset.
So we'll get back to this. Thanks!
0 Kudos