Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
destruk
Binge Watcher

flat-movie gridscreen highlight box location

For the default NetFlix style gridscreen is it possible to set the rectangle border to the top left option like four-column-flat-landscape does?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: flat-movie gridscreen highlight box location

You can't change it on "flat-movie" but you could use "mixed-aspect-ratio" with "portrait" row styles. That would give you something close to what you're after.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

I tried using that, but some of our thumbnails got stretched to double-height for portrait, and when we set it to landscape and replaced the graphics some randomly get cut in half (only top half of the graphic shows up)
Is there a better way? Using 210x270 for portrait and 256x143 for landscape. I hope we won't need to redo all the dimensions of all our graphics here.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

I believe "mixed-aspect-ratio" doesn't play nicely with some of the display modes. Have you tried different display mode settings?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

No, we'll get back to this at a later date. It's on the list, just running out of time.
I did get it to display fine with portrait, loading the right thumbnails - for all the rows - none were split or enlarged or anything - it looked good - but then the roku4 box would randomly crash, requiring a hard reset.
So we'll get back to this. Thanks!
0 Kudos