Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adrianc1982
Visitor

eclipse plugin highlight ocurrances?

has anyone been able to highlight all the ocurrances when selecting a variable for example?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Komag
Roku Guru

Re: eclipse plugin highlight ocurrances?

Notepad++ does this (If I understand you correctly)
0 Kudos
adrianc1982
Visitor

yes it does, i previously wrote my code in notepad++ and zipped my source and uploaded via http:

but then found the roku plugin, with some cool features but lacking in other areas like highlighting occurances and refactoring..

So im torn i dont know if i will keep using the plugin or just notepad++

What are you guys using to code brightscript?
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

"adrianc1982" wrote:
What are you guys using to code brightscript?

I'm also using Notepad++, set up as described here: http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?p=480448
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

I couldn't get Eclipse to work, so I'm using Notepad++

Some folks use Eclipse and really like it though, especially regarding project file management
0 Kudos
adrianc1982
Visitor

if you can get into eclipse, debugging is great with eclipse plus you get the project management, its easier to keep track of your functions and variables and what type of variables are.

The only real complain I have is the occurrances thats very handy, oh and autocompletition like notepad does for variables and other words.

beltown do you know how to add to notepad++ the function list? I know a file has to be edited and i think it uses regex but im not very good at it, anyone uses that feature on notepad++?
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

"adrianc1982" wrote:
belltown do you know how to add to notepad++ the function list? I know a file has to be edited and i think it uses regex but im not very good at it, anyone uses that feature on notepad++?

Most of the language-specific changes I'm using are under Settings>Style Configurator...>In the 'Language :' dropdown, select 'VB / VBS'>In the 'Style :' dropdown, select 'WORD'>In 'User-defined keywords' enter any keywords you want. This treats all keywords the same for highlighting purposes. If you want more control such as defining separate lists of keywords that have different colors, for example, you'll have to use a user-defined style. These are set up under Language>Define your language ... , etc. I haven't use this feature myself, although you can find an example on Code Project.
0 Kudos