Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IgorRamalho
Reel Rookie

developer mode does not open

Jump to solution

Good morning, I use RokuTV in Brazil, model AOC 32S5195, I haven't been able to access developer mode for a week, I activate it the first time and when I try to access it via IP on my cell phone or computer it does not open, if I try to access it again the developer mode by the control of the TV it no longer opens, just doing the factory reset.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: developer mode does not open

Jump to solution

Sorry, but your device has probably been blacklisted.  I don't know how Roku does it, but they somehow know what you're trying to load and if it's something that violates their Terms of Service you will not be able to use developer mode on that device anymore.  Roku comes down pretty hard on piracy and IPTV apps are probably the biggest pirates, so if that's what you're trying to use you should switch to a different device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim

Jump to solution

I have to ask, are you a developer or are you trying to use developer mode to load something you found on the Internet?  If the latter, it's possible that your Roku device has been blacklisted.  Do you enable developer mode and it restarts and developer mode is disabled again or is something else going on?

IgorRamalho
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Exactly, I used it to install external programs. Now when I activate developer mode it restarts and I can't open it anymore.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Sorry, but your device has probably been blacklisted.  I don't know how Roku does it, but they somehow know what you're trying to load and if it's something that violates their Terms of Service you will not be able to use developer mode on that device anymore.  Roku comes down pretty hard on piracy and IPTV apps are probably the biggest pirates, so if that's what you're trying to use you should switch to a different device.

0 Kudos