Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fluidcast
Visitor

channel not approved and private channel not working

We developed a roku channel for a client and cannot get it work as a private channel. If i login using the developers account I can add it but if I try to add it using any other account I cannot and says the channel Is not valid.

Channel name is monster box (monsterbox)

Code: KZ25GV

Also for same client the public channel was submitted back in March and has still not been approved although it says it is pending approval.

We have sent numerous emails to support with no response.

Claudio
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: channel not approved and private channel not working

"fluidcast" wrote:
We developed a roku channel for a client and cannot get it work as a private channel. If i login using the developers account I can add it but if I try to add it using any other account I cannot and says the channel Is not valid.

Channel name is monster box (monsterbox)

Code: KZ25GV

It looks like you set that channel to "Rest of World" and nothing else. That's probably why you can't install it.
0 Kudos
fluidcast
Visitor

originally it was set this way - we changed and updated but it still does not work.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Adding by code KZ25GV asks me to add "Monster Box" but it never shows on device, which makes me think there is some limiting factor (e.g. the already pointed out wrong region or maybe requires future version of firmware?)

Based on the snapshot you included here, i tried adding as "monsterbox" but it tells me "The channel code provided is not associated with a valid channel" - which makes me think the changes you have shows are NOT PUBLISHED yet. You see, if that screen is from the active channel, the code would be working.
0 Kudos
fluidcast
Visitor

i think i figured out the private chat issue - when making a change i must upload a new package file and set a new version 1.0 to 1.1 etc.

On the public channel - how long does it take to get it approved?

it has been 2 months now...

Channel Name: Monster Box TV
Visibility: Public
Date Created: 03/09/2015
Date Modified: 03/10/2015
Accounts Installed: 0
Vanity Access Code: MonsterBoxTV
Parental Hint: Content Rated
Additional Requirements: None
Purchase Type: None (Free)
Price Tier: Price Tier 0
Rest of World: 0.00 USD
Edit Channel
Remove Channel
Current Package-Specific Properties

Vanity Access Code: ADKPU
Date Created: 03/09/2015
Date Modified: 03/09/2015
Version: 1.0
Min. Firmware: v2.5 b388
Required Features:
SD PosterHD PosterPackage File
Description: The world's first horror specific video on demand platform. Rent horror films from one of the largest online horror film distributors Monster Pictures.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Dude - seems you created a zombie channel!

When i did System / Update on one of my devices 5/1, it said it's installing "monster box" and then... nothing! It does not show in the channel list. The same happened on another Roku i switched to double-check. So the channel gets installed and is "loitering" my lineup - but i cannot see it (is not screensaver) and i cannot delete it. So it's neither dead nor alive, hence i term it "zombie".

Roku*, have you given consideration to things like this?
What is the way to deal with "zombie" channels - how can i (and other plebs) clean my account when things like that happen?

PS. Bonus "joy": ever since then, when i do a manual "System update", it tells me it's installing "Monster Box". Every time, again and again. Why am i stuck in a purgatory?
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Zombie channel almost always means that your manifest file is either missing the mm_icon_side/focus/hd/sd icons or the pkg:/ links to those images are missing. This can be caused by a bug that prevents the last line in the manifest file from being read. Make sure to always add a blank line at the end of the manifest, and make sure the image urls in the manifest are valid, and that the images are really what they say they are, for example if a .jpg file was renamed to .png but is really still a .jpg file, or the manifest urls end with .png but the file ends with .jpg

- Joel
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"RokuJoel" wrote:
Zombie channel almost always means that your manifest file is either missing ...

Right. But given i am not the developer, how can i get rid of the zombie infestation? (de-zombify?!)
Hopefully not by amputating my account.
0 Kudos
fluidcast
Visitor

We have added the new roku channel and for the past month have been in "testing" phase.

How long does it take to get this reviewed?
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Oho, the "undead app" maker is alive!
0 Kudos