Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TommyTheKid
Visitor

change "director" and/or "actors" on roSpringboardScreen?

I would like to change the "director" and "actors" text for a movie on the roSpringboardScreen. I know how to set the actors/director. I want to change the actual word "director" to something else. I am guessing its not possible? RFE perhaps? Speaking of which, I am sure I saw genere's in here before, now they are gone off the screen. Any tips?

Tommy
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: change "director" and/or "actors" on roSpringboardScreen?

We support this already. Please look at the roApplicationManager object and set the SpringboardDirectorLabel to the text that you desire.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
TommyTheKid
Visitor

"RokuKevin" wrote:
We support this already. Please look at the roApplicationManager object and set the SpringboardDirectorLabel to the text that you desire.

--Kevin

I apologize, I totally missed this.

Tommy
0 Kudos
TommyTheKid
Visitor

Kevin,

This looks soo totally perfect, but then it doesn't appear to work. I was able to change the color of the text, but I can't seem to change the text itself.
I added the following lines to the "Sub initTheme()" in appMain.brs of the "videoplayer" example...

theme.SpringboardTitleText = "#FF0000"
theme.SpringboardDirectorLabelColor = "#FF00FF"
theme.SpringboardDirectorLabel = "Written by"

... the color of the title and director label did change, but the text is still director. Any tips?

~tommy

"RokuKevin" wrote:

--Kevin
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

This was a bug, but we have a deprecated label to try:

theme.SpringboardDirectorText="Written by"

--Kevin.
0 Kudos
TommyTheKid
Visitor

Wow, I almost tried that, but all the other ones springboardBLAHText were "color" related, thats what led me to change the color as a test.

Thanks,
Tommy
0 Kudos