Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welles
Channel Surfer

aquatic Life Suggestion - Little Crab

Just a suggestion. It would be nice to see a little crab moving back and forth along the bottom of the tank. It could also take a grab at any fish that swims by too close - of course not getting the fish. One more element to watch. We have Aquatic Life active all the time. Love the app. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Welles
Channel Surfer

Re: aquatic Life Suggestion - Little Crab

Thanks Aaron

I would but the app is described as -  Aquatic Life - Developed by: Roku.
So the developer is "Roku" - thus my dilemma  and why I tried this avenue.
I don't know how to contact the Roku developers directly for this screensaver app.
Trying the feedback option for the app in the Roku channel store only gives options for reporting specific problems. Seems there is no way to contact Roku directly - only users to users and hopefully a Roku developer that may sometimes scan the forums. That is why I put the post in the Roku Developer Program section. I do appreciate your help - Thanks
Welles

Matt_Moores
Channel Surfer

Here is the developer of Aquatic screensaver https://serenescreen.com/v2/

Roku likely had an agreement to customize the screensaver,  compiled for Roku and published by Roku as an official Roku screensaver. That is why it lists Roku as the developer. Roku is not the actual developer and likely would not be able to make the requested changes.

here is a post addressing this.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Developer-Program/How-is-Aquatic-Life-implemented/td-p/502845

0 Kudos
Welles
Channel Surfer

Wow -
Hey Matt and Aaron,
Thank you so much for your research and info.
I really thought I was just throwing a ball in the air and it would hit the ground.
You two are great.
I'll try both suggestions.
Maybe we'll see a little crab someday.
Thanks again
Welles

0 Kudos
Welles
Channel Surfer

FYI,

Great find Matt.
Marine Aquarium at SereneScreen.com. Apparently the author's name is Jim Sachs.
I submitted a support request through the website first thanking him for the great screensaver and then describing the Roku suggestion. Don't know what freedom he has remaining to make any changes the the Roku version but who knows. I'll let you guys know if I get a response. Welles...

0 Kudos
Welles
Channel Surfer

Just to let you know - I did not receive any response from SereneScreen.com or the author Jim Sachs.
So probably the Roku Aquatic Life app is a done deal - Sold to Roku and not ongoing.

Thanks anyway for your leads.

0 Kudos
LadyDia

Yes! a crab would be a great addition.

There is an empty conch shell that could be used for hermit crab. He could pop in and out from time to time and wave his eyes and legs

...maybe even move the shell a little bit when off screen, the way the starfish does.

Also, would you please create Legend on the Theme setting that identifies  the fish and other animals that we see on the screen?

My family loves your aquarium and enjoy just sitting and watching it quietly. It would be nice to learn more about them.

Thank you for all of the long hours that must have gone into designing and programming it!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

and some new fish! Or a dolphin or two (my wife says pihrana)...

and when does the eel get to eat? 

great thread!

Happy Valentine’s Day 2024. My partner and I recently leveled up and have been lovingly scrutinizing this screensaver. Thankfully we found this thread, and to our immense delight many of you have addressed our desires, namely a crab or similar crustacean to be added and/or features that allow the eel to periodically satisfy its ravenous appetite! One thing that I thought might be appropriate would be if a section of refuse were to lazily float around after watching for thirty or thirty five minutes, you know, as a reward. Keep watching my little friends 🦀🗑

0 Kudos