Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cocotower
Roku Guru

ZoomRowList not showing posters

As the title says, I tried switching from a RowList-based content grid to ZoomRowList.  The layout seems to work all but the posters not appearing.  My fading backgrounds are still working as before proving that the poster images have been fetched since I use the same image.  I even set poster.visible = true in case the default was false with no success.  It looks like the layout itself mimicks a Hero row that's activated for the currently focused row, while my previous layout of course just had a top Hero row.  That's a lot of new settings to fiddle with just to achieve the new look, in my opinion.  Anyway, here's where I'm at so far...

<!-- The main content -->
<ZoomRowList
id="RowList"
itemComponentName="CustomGridItem"
focusXOffset="[180]"
itemSize="[1920,900]"
numRows="3"
rowFocusAnimationStyle="FixedFocusWrap"
rowWidth="1920"
rowHeight="[400]"
rowZoomHeight="[430]"
rowItemHeight="[288]"
rowItemZoomHeight="[380]"
rowItemSize="[[256,144]]"
rowItemSpacing="[[20,0]]"
rowLabelOffset="[[180,8]]"
showRowLabel="[true]"
showRowCounter="[true]"
translation="[0,355]"/>

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
cocotower
Roku Guru

Re: ZoomRowList not showing posters

Since nobody replies to my messages here, I'll reply to myself with the answer.

ZoomRowList does not support the numRenderPasses, nor the renderPass field for the posters.  Attempting to use renderPass will render blank posters.  This contradicts Roku's documentation that ZoomRowList supports the same features as RowList.

0 Kudos
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @cocotower,

I'm glad you were able to get the ZoomRowList to show your posters. Just to clarify, I believe the docs say that ZoomRowList has the same data model as RowList, but ZoomRowList extends ArrayGrid, not RowList, and thus they do have different fields.

Please let me know if there's any doc that does say that it supports the same features and we'll clarify that.

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Can you guys please add renderPass to the ArrayGrid component?  Actually, renderPass seems to be a feature of the Poster component, so it should just work for anything that supports posters, no?  I don't see what the reason is for not supporting numRenderPasses so that we can overlay some kind of icon in the poster corner.  In the past when I used RowList I used renderPass to mark any paid items with a Subscription icon.

0 Kudos