Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjinux
Visitor

What does "ERROR: Missing or invalid PHY" mean?

I've been playing around with the sample applications, and I keep getting the error message "ERROR: Missing or invalid PHY". It seems to happen almost randomly, and it doesn't stop me from watching films. I've seen it on multiple networks, both wired and wireless. When I googled for PHY, I get the feeling it could have to do with the physical layer of the network stack, but I'm not sure that's what it means in this context.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What does "ERROR: Missing or invalid PHY" mean?

Can you be more specific about which example you're seeing it in? Getting it randomly sounds pretty strange. I've only seen it when I've left off the "tmp:/" or "pkg:/" in the path to whatever I've been trying to play or display.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
kbenson
Visitor

I got this quite a bit in my testing. IIRC, I think it was when passing a non-existent PNG in the URL parameter to roImageCanvas. Could it be an image file that doesn't exist being used in the examples?
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
jjinux
Visitor

You guys are probably right--it's probably a missing image or an image that isn't the right format or size. "ERROR: Missing or invalid PHY" is perhaps not the best error message in the world, but I'm happy to know how to fix it 😉 Thanks!
0 Kudos