Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathansafa
Visitor

Videoplayer Channel - Video Won't Load from XML

In the newest version of Videoplayer Channel Master (the sample channel), I can't get the video to load when I mess with the XML files. 
If I point to the original xml files of my legacy channel, no issues. When I mess with them at all - it acts like it wants to load, then nothing. 
Here is what I get in the debugger: 

------- [ok pressed] -------
SpringBoard.brs - [OnVideoPlayerStateChange]
in SimpleVideoScene.xml onKeyEvent OK false
in SimpleVideoScene.xml onKeyEvent OK false

What on earth is going on? I am on an Insignia 4K Roku TV. 
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Videoplayer Channel - Video Won't Load from XML

'mess with xml files' doesn't tell us much of anything.
So the pre-modification xml files work, but your modified ones don't - then it's probably the XML files.  Try an xml validation service like http://www.xmlvalidation.com/
0 Kudos
Jonathansafa
Visitor

Hi Destruk, 

Yes, by "mess with XML" I mean any changes to XML at all. So I even took the rokudev sample XML, copy, paste to my own server... does not work. Any modification at all to the XML rejects the video content from playing. I ran them through validators. 100% pass. Strangest thing I've ever seen. 
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Was the filename appended with .txt at the end after you edited them?  Did you delete the zip you have been working with and make a new zip with the changes?  What line are you changing?
Are you talking about the xml files that create the components, or the xml files that contain your content for content nodes?
0 Kudos