Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lightcatcher
Visitor

Video Problems with Roku 2

We have a public channel on Roku which we launched about three months ago. We've had no issues with encoding, uploading and viewing our content. However, we decided to upgrade our home system with the new Roku 2 XDS and have discovered that some of our video content does not play properly on Roku 2.

We are seeing two serious issues that never occurred with the previous version of the XDS player: out of sync audio & video that staggers badly or simply freezes. Are any other developers reporting the same problem?

We have been encoding our video content at 29.97, progressive as mp4's and holding the streaming rate at or below 1.5
Should we be using different settings now, for this new generation of players?

Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Video Problems with Roku 2

If you haven't already, get your box into the 4.1 beta program (viewtopic.php?f=34&t=44219). They've been tweaking the firmware for the Roku 2s quite a bit, so it's possible that whatever is causing the problem has already been addressed.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Lightcatcher
Visitor

If the problem has been addressed, when is Roku going to update all Roku 2 players--not just developers?
0 Kudos
atheling
Binge Watcher

"Lightcatcher" wrote:
If the problem has been addressed, when is Roku going to update all Roku 2 players--not just developers?

Probably when the developers and other beta testers report that the serious bugs are out of it.
0 Kudos