Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bosborne
Visitor

Using Roku billing for donations?

I'm wondering if I can incorporate donations into an app using the Roku billing platform. It seems I should be able to define specific products like "$5 donation", "$10 donation", "$25 donation", etc, and then allow the user to purchase a donation product.

Any reason that this wouldn't work? Only thing I can think of is if a user purchases a donation, they may not be able to purchase the same donation again since they've "already" purchased it.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Using Roku billing for donations?

You can set an in-app purchase as consumable, which will allow the user to purchase it multiple times, so that shouldn't be an issue. Assuming Roku allows it (no reason I can think that they wouldn't), you'd still be required to share 30% of each purchase with Roku.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
rjdjohnston
Binge Watcher

bump

Has anymore implemented donations, either recurring or one-time?

Thanks
My channels: Amiri King, Donnie Baker, Worldview Weekend - Twitter @rjdjohnston
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

"rjdjohnston" wrote:
bump

Has anymore implemented donations, either recurring or one-time?

Thanks

I think Retaliate (the game) has it, the developer is Romans_I_XVI
0 Kudos