Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balbant
Streaming Star

Using Roku app, Can I sell the products as an e-commerce website likewise Amazon, WalMart?

I have an e-commerce website in which users add the product into the cart and purchase the items or purchase a single item by selecting the "instance purchase" respective item button.

Likewise, I have developed the Roku application the same as an e-commerce website using SceneGraph. So here is my concern, Does Roku allow us to fulfil the same type of requirement like payment for a group of the items that are added in cart or buy an individual item using by "instance purchase" respective item button. Please suggest.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: Using Roku app, Can I sell the products as an e-commerce website likewise Amazon, WalMart?

@balbant wrote:
Does Roku allow us to fulfil the same type of requirement like payment for a group of the items that are added in cart or buy an individual item using by "instance purchase" respective item button. Please suggest.

Do you mean from technical standpoint?  If you are using RokuPay, it doesn't (yet?) support dynamic pricing.  If you're using your own backend billing system, then I don't see why not.  You might be able to even use a hybrid where RokuPay could be an option for individual items but groups would need to pay through your system. 
But as far as what Roku allows / doesn't in publicly certified channels, you may need to contact someone there.

aspiring
CheyPNTV
Reel Rookie

Re: Using Roku app, Can I sell the products as an e-commerce website likewise Amazon, WalMart?

We've developed a Magento Roku integration

0 Kudos