Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joetesta
Roku Guru

URGENT? ALERT Problem with package versions

Just published a package.  Installed on half a dozen rokus and 5 out of 6 got a very old version of the package, several iterations behind.
Something seems to be screwed up on Rokus package servers where old content has displaced new.

Update: I believe there may be a serious problem on Roku's servers, is anyone aware of this?  in the past 24 hours I've seen the following problems on three distinct uncertified Roku channels:
1) Updated build is published.  System update does not retrieve the new build.  Channel must be deleted and re-added to retrieve new build
2) User adds channel to their Roku account.  Channel does not appear after doing system update.
3) Updated build is published.  Channel is added to Roku, add channel gets installed however it is several months and several iterations out of date.

what's going on? Someone at Roku please respond!
aspiring
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: URGENT? ALERT Problem with package versions

huh so I just set up a brand new Roku Express added a private channel code successfully and deselected the default channels (netflix etc) and the Home screen is blank - no channels at all!
Check for updates, says it's up to date. Re-add uncertified channel code without error, check for updates, it's up to date.  Home screen blank - no channels at all.
aspiring
0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Is this only occurring with one specific channel? If so, can you please provide the channel ID and access code?
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

"RokuTomC" wrote:
Is this only occurring with one specific channel? If so, can you please provide the channel ID and access code?

I've seen problems with all 3 uncertified channels I've tried so far.  Problems appear intermittent.  After installing an uncertified channel, it may not appear at all or may appear as a very outdated version, or sometimes will appear correctly.
aspiring
0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Can you share the access codes for the uncertified channels?
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

not publicly, will pm you.
aspiring
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

OK seems to have something to do with minimum FW settings on the package submission site; wonder if that changed recently.
thanks for the help clearing it up Tom!
aspiring
0 Kudos