Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ros_gir
Visitor

Two live videos on the same screen

Hi,

I need to put multiple videos on the same screen and have to scroll at the same time. Is this possible? I tried creating two objects roVideoPlayer, but failing to provide the multithred the result is not as I hoped. Does anyone have any idea to overcome this limitation?

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Two live videos on the same screen

You can't play two videos at the same time with Roku. So you'd need to merge both videos/resize them into the same video file.
0 Kudos
ros_gir
Visitor

Thank you!!

My curiosity is if somehow you could force the mutithread, in order to handle multiple video streams. But it seems like something that goes beyond the operation of Roku.In fact, it is designed as a simple streaming player.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

"ros.gir" wrote:
Thank you!!

My curiosity is if somehow you could force the mutithread, in order to handle multiple video streams. But it seems like something that goes beyond the operation of Roku.In fact, it is designed as a simple streaming player.

There's only one video decoder available, so only one video can be played at a time.
0 Kudos